I’m excited to announce that, I will be joining 10up as a Senior Web Engineer on next Monday. (Oct, 7)
I always appreciated 10up’s projects and giving-back culture. Now, it’s time to be a part of it 🎉
So long NYT, and thanks for all the fish
I worked at NefisYemekTarifleri.com (NYT in short) for more than four years, and I’d like to thank all my ex-colleagues and lifelong friends. We accomplished so many great things in terms of “scaling WordPress” and I will always be proud of that.
the last #nytstats from me
We occasionally share some of our stats on Twitter with #nytstats hashtag. Here is my last share, sort of before/after stats.
- ~70k published posts to ~550k (roughly 8x)
- ~1M users to 3M+ (3x)
- Total Database size: 4x (50G with data +index on MySQL)
- 2,5TB Uploads
- thousands of commits (I’ve rewritten git history during GitLab transition, not easy to say exact numbers)
- ~10 major WordPress upgrades
- numerous API endpoints and migration
- hundreds of millions of search requests
- hundreds of deployments (somewhere around 1-2k)
Fun fact: When I started to work at NefisYemekTarifleri, building a new search infrastructure was one of my very first responsibilities and I’ve built with ElasticPress which is a 10up’s plugin 🙂
I’m excited about being a 10upper and looking forward to meeting coworkers. Onward!